Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Thanks for your answer on my question of my lung problem. my

Customer Question

Thanks for your answer on my question of my lung problem.
my question now is at the moment is when I walk I get breathing problems,given my present
Problems is there any medicine that can help me breath better.
Just a little would be nice.
yours David J Kerswell
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Did the chest consultant do a spirometry that also included performing a nebulizer treatment and a repeat of the spirometry to see if there was any improvement?
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

If the sole cause of the breathing problem is the NISP, then the usual treatment would be the steroids that I mentioned in your other question. It is usually given by pills, but if there is more significant breathing problems, it also may be given by injection initially.

It is possible that there could be some associated bronchospasm. I ask about the spirometry, because the spirometry that is repeated after a nebulizer is the usual method for identifying whether there is bronchospasm present. If there is bronchospasm occurring in association with the NISP, then there are other options for treatment for relief of the breathing problems, with the usual first-line treatment being a handheld inhaler that uses the same medicine that was provided in the nebulizer treatment.