Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

hi i have ibs and had my gall bladder removed at the end of

hi i have ibs and had my gall bladder removed at the end of june and felt really well then about two weeks ago i started to have very loose slimy poo no blood but today it has changed to a very loose watery green mucus poo no real pain what do you think could be causing this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. First question--have you had a colonoscopy and, if so, when? Any abdominal pain or cramping? Any fever?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi iam waiting for a colonoscopy i have some pain in my left hand side but as soon as i have been to the loo its goes i do have cramping but i have always had that not really bad on both of them

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Jenny. This may just be either a bout of irritable bowel syndrome or a viral enteritis but since it's gone on this long you need a stool sample for cultures to make sure it isn't a bacterial infection with E coli, salmonella, or C diff. It could be an absorption problem from your pancreas not making sufficient digestive enzymes but most importantly bacterial infection needs to be ruled out since that requires antibiotics to treat it.