Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My 24yr old daughter is working in the foothills of the Indian

My 24yr old daughter is working in the foothills of the Indian Himalayas and has just rung to say that she has had severe stomach cramps and nausea for the last 10 days, mainly after she has eaten. As she has not eaten much, she is feeling very weak and is unable to do much work.
The local doctor has prescribed Omeprazole and Domperidone with Ofloxacin as well as a painkiller, the name of which I couldn't gather, Mestalstas (???).
She usually finds allopathic medicines difficult to cope with, due to metabolic problems; bearing this in mind, I would be most grateful if you could let me know whether these are the best drugs for her to take.
With many thanks
Fiona Potter
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The medications prescribed are right.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Has she started taking them?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have they helped?

Customer:

No, because she was worried that they might cause side effects, which many allopathic medicines have done in the past.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand but these medications are very safe and used in millions around the world.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

She should take at least one dose to see if they help or not.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If they do not help she can always quit.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

But I am pretty sure that she will tolerate these medications well.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer:

Yes, I was just wondering whether I should ask you anything else. But thank you, ***** ***** pass on what you have said.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest Regards

Customer:

Thank you so much for all your advice.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome :)

Customer:

One other thought. COuld she just take one of the drugs, either the joint Omeprazole and Domiperidone OR the anti-biotic, rather than both. Which would be the best.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

She can try taking omeprazole and domperidone and skip the antibiotic for the time being.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

She can start taking the antibiotic a day or two later if her symptoms persist.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anymore questions?

Customer:

No more but thank you again very much indeed.