Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Hi I am a 52 year old male recently gave up smoking and put

Customer Question

Hi I am a 52 year old male recently gave up smoking and put on 2 stone I am 16 .8 stone i am a builder so on the go but recently as soon as i do any manual work i sweat buckets , what s that about ? thanks
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Do you suffer from any medical condition? Any daily medications? Have you increased your workload? Since when did this start? Is there any change in the weather in your location? Have you had any investigations done? Are you drinking more water or urinating more nowadays? Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i do seem to be urinating more frequently ,last year had a blood clot in the leg and was on warfarin but finished that ok i have sleep apnea and sweat buckets at night my alcohol intake is a bit high 80 units a week . sorry about the delay i could not get passed the email stage due to your computer telling someone else had my email address if that makes any sense

Dear customer,

With the urinating and sweating I would suggest that you have your fasting blood glucose measured to rule out diabetes. This is the initial investigation that I would suggest along with a complete hemogram to look for low hemoglobin level in the blood which could be one of the causative factor.

Take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Doc it had crossed my mind , last question diabetes is it reversible ?

Dear customer,

Yes with weight loss and a healthy diet and regular exercise this is possible.

Take care.