Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Went into anaphylactic shock last tuesdayit has happened 3

Customer Question

Went into anaphylactic shock last tuesdayit has happened 3 more times in hospital and I required adrenalin. First symptoms rash and swelling around joints. Rash travelled up my body and was all over. Then cleared from bottom up. My head also swelled eyes ears nose and my sense of smell was so strong .Tongue throat and chest closed in. I'm on reducing does of steroids but if I dont take them on time I feel the swelling and a different kind of rash starts. The original rash was like raised itchy hives but large and spread all over connected together. I was on 100 mg steroids I've for 5 days. Have been reducing down with doctor supervision and I'm on 20 mg once a day. This is keeping at bay but why is the swelling still happens. No know trigger.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

sounds like you are severely allergic to something.

Dr. David :

you need to recall what you ate and what you were doing right before these episodes of anaphylatic shock

Dr. David :

and you need to see an allergy doctor and get skin testing to see what you are allergic to.

Dr. David :

have you had this yet?

Dr. David :

hello?

JACUSTOMER-20g4rco1- : There has been no dame thing that I've eatin drank or or done. We have tried everything. It seems to happen at times. It was every 6 hrs it's every 12 to 14 hrs now. All docs just said its idiopathic anaphylaxis. Twice before I swelled up first time my mouth and throat turned septic and turned white and all peeled off and second time and got a very bad flu. But never anaphylaxis.Then 2 months later I got the shingles. I never just get a cold it always starts as a cold then I'll have a very severe chest infection or flu and takes ages to get better. I also have firtility problems as I can't get pregnant I'm wondering if I have an immune problem could this be connected. We have both been tested and told we fine no problems. The problem is it's going to take months to get to see an immunologist and I'm worried about waiting
Dr. David :

have you been tested for autoimmune conditions?

Dr. David :

such as lupus? with ANA tests and anti-DNA antibody testing?

Dr. David :

you need to ask to get you to an immunology doctor as soon as possible

Dr. David :

check for cancelations at that office which can get you to see a immunology doctor sooner.

JACUSTOMER-20g4rco1- : No never and it's going to take months before o can get to see someone and get it done. Do you have any suggestions what it could be
Dr. David :

it could be due to autoimmune condition of your immune system overacting and attacking itself when you get sick with a virus

JACUSTOMER-20g4rco1- : Really ill just have to be patient and wait to get tested. And try manage it as best i can.
Dr. David :

a rheumatology doctor are the ones who treat patients who have autoimmune disorders

Dr. David :

you might be able to get into see a rheumatology doctor sooner.

JACUSTOMER-20g4rco1- : Ok that's good to know I will try that route. You have Ben very helpful
Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

we try to help clients here

Dr. David :

I you are suffering

Dr. David :

hang in there

Dr. David :

if done, please leave positive feedback below

Dr. David :

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

Dr. David :

thanks