Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hypothyriod hard lump under chin and thyroid that move up and

Hypothyriod hard lump under chin and thyroid that move up and down when I swallow, painful red throat swollen lymph nodes in neck and chest and underarm, mouth that I can only open 25cm dentist measured this I have had hashimoto's in recent past. This has been going on for 4 months have difficulty breathing when laying down also wake up with swollen eyes that are bruised looking in the inner corners that don't go .
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

do you know what your TSH level is?

Dr. David :

sounds like you have an enlarged goiter thyroid gland.

Dr. David :

how old are you?

Dr. David :

you could have acid reflux causing red throat or allergies causing swollen lymph nodes. you might need a throat culture to check for infections like strep throat.

Dr. David :

if you have hashimotos thyroiditis, then there is a chance you can have other autoimmune disorders which need to be checked for like lupus and others.

Dr. David :

you need ANA blood test and ESR and anti DNA antibody testing to check for other autoimmune antibodies in your body.

Dr. David :

you probably mean you can open 25mm

Dr. David :

you could have sleep apnea if you are having difficulty breathing laying down.

Dr. David :

if your thyroid gland is too large, you might need to have it removed surgically in a total thyroidectomy.

Customer:

my tsh had gone up to4 and my ME consultant wanted that to be 3 he is endo bod but my free T3 had gone down? cant remember no have had T3 in past? It wasn't sleep apnea i was sleeping on my side and .woke up and had to change my position to breathe slleep on 2 pillows now. yes i can open mouth 25 cm i.I am 61yrs old

Dr. David :

TSH of 4 is too high and needs to be below 3.

Dr. David :

if you have a history of hashimotos, you most likely still have hashimotos thyroiditis where your body makes antibodies which attack your thyroid gland.

Dr. David :

if you are having to sleep on 2 pillows now, you could have orthopnea

Dr. David :

which is shortness of breath when laying flay.

Dr. David :

flat

Dr. David :

this can come from new weakness of your heart from a silent heart attack and fluid collecting in your lungs called pulmonary edema.

Dr. David :

this can be seen on chest xrays and you might need to take a diuretic pill to get rid of excessive fluid out of your lungs.

Dr. David :

have you had your lungs and heart checked for this?

Customer:

No i have not had chest xray. I have been taking 30mgs Duloxetine as i had a flare up of my fibromyalgia. I have lost some wieght but im only 5ft 1 and a half inches tall so I feel ok.

Dr. David :

you should see your doctor to get your heart and lungs checked if you are having difficulty breathing laying back without pillows

Dr. David :

this is called orthopnea.

Dr. David :

you could be having pulmonary edema with excessive fluid in your lungs.

Dr. David :

good luck

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

if done, please leave positive feedback below the chat box

Dr. David :

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

Dr. David :

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/?rpt=3800

Dr. David :

is my website if you need to reach me again.

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Customer:

Thank you i will see another dr this week.