Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have swollen stomach after eating.Which causes difficulties

I have swollen stomach after eating.Which causes difficulties with breathing and can stay swollen for days. sometimes before eating i have a flat stomach and my breathing is perfect.I have cut out gluten and yeast which sometimes has improved the situation.I have had a wheat and dairy test which came back negative.could you suggest other foods that could be causing my symptoms or is there anything that i can take to alleviate this situation
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Can I first ask if you've had any studies to see exactly what the problem is? Did the Spasfon help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The spasfon do help sometimes to reduce the bloating. i had a tube down my throat and up the other end.Nothing was found.This was in France.They believed i had some sort of food intolerance and in the U K they believe it is just normal to have swollen stomach.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Leonard. This certainly doesn't sound normal. You may have a problem with irritable bowel syndrome or with an H pylori infection and you should at least be screened for the H pylori since that's easily treated with a course of antibiotics. That said, I suggest you take some Lactobacillus probiotics and cut out all dairy products in case this is a lactose intolerance problem. I also suggest no fried or fatty foods and no citric foods like certain fruits and tomatoes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To be screened for the H pylori is it a blood test or what.Shall i ask my G P for

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Either a breath test or a stool sample sent for culture--just ask you GP about H pylori. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Leonard