Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am sure i have a std but cannot face going to my doctor of

I am sure i have a std but cannot face going to my doctor of many years is there any other way i can treat it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--how is it you think you have an STD?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have a burning sensation when urinating and a slight yellow discharge

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Would you be willing to see a doctor at an urgent care center about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would be willing to see a doctor who is not at my current practice but wondered if there is anything I can do to clear it up myself

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, first off without a culture it wouldn't be possible to tell if this were gonorrhea or chlamydia. Gonorrhea takes antibiotics to clear--no other way. If it's chlamydia you can try Goldenseal, Echinacea, and garlic supplements for a week. If your symptoms clear, fine, but if they don't you need to see the other doctor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is it safe for me just to take garlic capsules in the first instance and how long for please ?do both diseases show identical symptoms??

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Garlic alone is fine and you need to take it for at least a week. Both chlamydia and gonorrhea have similar symptoms although the discharge from gonorrhea is usually thick white and copious while that of chlamydia is thin and not copious
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is thin discharge just prior to urinating slight yellow colour but not very much of it there is slight burning but not unbearable.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sounds more like chlamydia then and hopefully the garlic will clear it up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou finally is there any benefit in taking both echinacea and garlic together or will garlic alone be ok and what sort of quantity per day. Thankyou

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
1200 mg of garlic supplement once a day should do the trick