Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425
Medical

hello i have accidentally got some white spirit on my leg.

hello
i have accidentally got some... Show More
hello
i have accidentally got some white spirit on my leg. i have a red rash and the skin is burning. i have washed it with soap and water to make sure no spitit is left. what can i put on my skin to ease the burning sensation?
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question.
Firstly, you should make sure that the area is clean.
You can clean it gently with soap and water. You should use cool running water for first 10 or 15 minutes. If you develop small blisters ,then leave them alone, you should not not break them open as it can increase risk of infection.
You can use Aloe vera on affected part, it is a real home remedy for such burning sensation.
You can also use honey to cover the area.
It is said that the acid from the tomato is the one that helps soothe the burning sensation at the same time, prevent it to blister.
You can Get a clean tomato and slice it in half, then apply the halved tomato on the affected skin.
If area is dry, then i advise you to use triple antibiotic cream
( available as OTC) on affected part. You can take Motrin for pain.
If you develop increasing redness/pain/tense blisters or weeping of the area, then please get it checked from your doctor.
I wish for your good health.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.