Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
29944350

My friend male aged 72, has double vision from one eye which

My friend male aged 72, has double vision from one eye which his doctor says has developed loose muscle behind it on one side, so it is protruding at an angle - he now has a bloodshot area near the bottom of the eyeball what should he do?l
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

Any associated history of pain in eye?

Any change in vision in the same eye?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As far as I know there is no pain and the only vision problem is the double vision

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not think he has had any pain. Or loss of vision apart from the double vision.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just had a response from friend with problem eye -

No pain or loss of vision occurred.

Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 2 years ago.
Ok and thanks for your input.

He likely have a subconjunctival hemorrhage. This happens when delicate blood vessels of the conjunctiva (clear covering of the eye) burst. This is very similar to a bruise, but redder because there is no skin overlying the blood. The bleeding is usually the result of minor trauma such as coughing or eye rubbing.

Though its appearance is alarming and appears dangerous, it is generally harmless in isolation.

It may take 1-2 weeks to reabsorb and go away. During that time, it may darken and change colors. That is expected and no need to worry. Worrisome symptoms are pain, decrease vision, or double vision.In the current scenario when he is also having double vision he should see an ophthalmologist physically for proper management.