Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

i have a scalding in my bladder for about two weeks which is

i have a scalding in my bladder for about two weeks which is worse at night needing to urinate two or three times per night . its much worse at night. scalding pain almost completly goes away as soon as i get up in the mourning but i am urinating more frequently in the day time also with a bladder pain before urination. does this look like an infection ? im male 46 generally healthy. had full bloods etc etc done during mid 2013 . all ok except for collestrol.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Are you having any burning in the urethra/penis, or is all the burning deep inside?
Are you having any difficulty in passing the urine?
Are you having any discharge from the urethra?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it started in the urethra/penis and there is still some burning there and moved inwards to the bladder area. im not having difficulty passing urine and i do not have a discharge from the urethra.

Thank you for the additional information.

I ask these questions to be able to provide more details. The direct answer to your question of whether this appears to be an infection is yes, but it is actually unusual for a man to develop an infection of the bladder. It is much more common for a man to develop an infection either of the urethra or the prostate, or both since they are connected. It is not that a bladder infection in a male is impossible, but it is very unlikely.

Since there has been some burning in the urethra/penis that then moved inwards, that is more typical of a urethral infection. However, the deeper burning and the absence of a discharge is more typical for a prostate infection.

There are some non-infectious conditions that can cause symptoms similar to an infection, such as certain inflammatory conditions of the bladder or prostate, but this is much less common than an infection.

So, a burning pain is most likely due to infection, and with the symptoms that you describe, a prostate infection would be most typical, although a urethral infection could also be present. It is appropriate for you to be seen by your doctor for a proper evaluation, and if an infection is confirmed, an antibiotic course would be appropriate.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.