Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

When I wake up most mornings my left foot is slightly swollen

Customer Question

When I wake up most mornings my left foot is slightly swollen compared to my right.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Have you noticed redness/ bumps in foot?
How long has this been going on for?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you have swelling in left leg?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No but skin on top of both feet is quite speckled/tarnished.

It has been going on for about a year but seems more consistent lately

I take Nexium 20mg one a day for severe stomach acidity and one aspirin (slow release) every day

No swelling in left leg

I have put a lot of weight on in the past three years from 115kg to 140kg with no particular change in diet.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Well, it could occur with collection of fluid.
Typically it develops in such part of the body due to gravity.
There are different causes of swollen feet.
Sometimes it may occur without any disease due to prolonged standing.
Other causes may be the diseases related with heart, kidney, liver, lymphatic obstruction, venous insufficiency, low blood protein etc.
In one foot and ankle local factor like venous or lymphatic obstruction or clot needs to be ruled out.
You would be requiring few tests- Complete blood count, Doppler study, EKG and urine analysis.
It may not be possible online to find the exact cause without tests.
I would recommend that you visit your healthcare provider for evaluation and get it managed.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In addition I can no longer achieve an erection on demand and my sex drive is at an all time low.

I have never been particularly fit but I have always been relatively healthy, never having been seriously ill in my adult life and no time off work in 35 years. I rarely catch colds - all my other body functions seem normal with regular healthy motions. Weight is the big issue for me and I find incredibly difficult to control. I drink regularly about one to two bottles of wine daily - this has been my habit for over 30 years. I smoke about 4 cigarettes per day.

Dear, Thanks for asking follow up question. I am happy to answer you further.
Well, possible causes not getting erection are:
Ageing, diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure),cardiovascular diseases,cigarette smoking, nerve or spinal cord damage, low testosterone levels,certain medications side effects ,depression and anxiety, psychological causes.
You need following tests:
-Ultrasound,
-Neurological evaluation,
-Dynamic infusion cavernosometry and cavernosography (DICC),
-Nocturnal tumescence test.
-Blood sugar level
The treatment depends on the cause.It includes Oral medications like- Sildenafil (Viagra),Tadalafil (Cialis),life style improvements
(for example- quitting smoking, and exercising more), Inserting medications into the urethra (intraurethral suppositories),penile prostheses,testosterone.
I would recommend that you visit Urologist for this issue and get it managed.