Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Looking for homeopathic remedy for over active thyroid. Had

Looking for homeopathic remedy for over active thyroid. Had a goitre, now decreasing, for over 30 years. GP just told me I have thyrotoxicosis.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

the first thing is to have your thyroid hormone levels checked.

Dr. David :

you need your TSH and T3 and T4 levels checked and anti thyroid antibody level evaluated for.

Dr. David :

if your TSH levels are high, you are hypothyroid and you might need to take supplemental thyroid hormone to bring up your body's thryoid hormone level.

Dr. David :

there are many options for thyroid hormone such as synthroid or cytomel (T3) and also natural dessicated thyroid hormone like Armour thyroid hormone.

Dr. David :

Thyrotoxicosis means an excess of thyroid hormone in the body

Dr. David :

have you tried conventional medications like methimazole or propylthiouracil to slow down your thyroid gland?

Dr. David :

the right homeopathic remedy can be impossible to recommend until you know what your thyroid hormone levels are at this point in time.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have quesitons.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

let me know if you have quesitons.