Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

We want to conceive a baby, stupidly 3 weeks ago we took cocaine

We want to conceive a baby, stupidly 3 weeks ago we took cocaine for one night only it was a once off and hadn't done it before this, could this one off effect our baby if we conceived in 2 weeks time, we would never be stupid like this again so there's no fear in that, we just want to forget about it and move on and put it down to lesson learned, should we wait longer to try for our baby
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

how much cocaine did you use 3 weeks ago?

Dr. David :

most likely using cocaine once 3 weeks ago will not have an affect on conceiving a baby.

Dr. David :

cocaine goes into your system quickly and goes out of your system pretty quickly.

Dr. David :

you should forget about it and move on to a healthy eating lifestyle and exercising and getting healthy if you want to carry a baby.

Dr. David :

no smoking and no alcohol.

Dr. David :

you can try to conceive in 2 weeks time.

Dr. David :

and daily vitamins and eating healthy.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: I took about 4 to 5 lines. I quit smoking 7 years ago and my partner 2 years ago, we both exercise regularly and I eat really healthy most of the time, I've been taking my folic acid and B12, Vit D also a good while, Hot lemon every morning, Dandolion tea also to try to cleanse my liver, just so scared to try for baby, so you don't think it would take 90 days to clear from my system from a one night thing?
Customer:

Are you still there

Customer: Are you still there
Customer: Hello
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Dr David asked me a question but did not stick around to see my reply therefore he didn't finish answering my question
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--I'm a different expert but there's no reply from you as yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: I took about 4 to 5 lines. I quit smoking 7 years ago and my partner 2 years ago, we both exercise regularly and I eat really healthy most of the time, I've been taking my folic acid and B12, Vit D also a good while, Hot lemon every morning, Dandolion tea also to try to cleanse my liver, just so scared to try for baby, so you don't think it would take 90 days to clear from my system from a one night thing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you getting my reply

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, the actual cocaine is cleared from you system within hours and the inactive metabolite takes several weeks to clear but that isn't harmful to a developing fetus or to a fetus that has yet to be conceived. With a one time use like yours there really isn't anything to worry about here. Hope that helps but if you need to continue the conversation I'll be happy to do so.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok so we are good to go next time I ovulate in 2-3 weeks time?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--you're good to go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just one more question, if it's 2-3 weeks away for us ttc we have a family outing tomorrow nite, is it ok for me to have a few drinks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No real problem there but after that it would be best for your potential fetus for you not to drink alcohol before you conceive or after you do
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thank you for all your help, I'll not drink so! Have a good nite

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but please remember to rate my service to you