Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

hello , i was playing a rugby match today. after one tackle

Customer Question

hello , i was playing a rugby match today. after one tackle i heard and felt a pop in my right knee. it took afew seconds before i realised how much pain i was in.the club physio said i might have done my ham string and acl ,however after doing some reaseach online it seems to be more of a lcl problem. i cannot straighten my knee and i am unable to walk. i was just inquiring would i have to go to the hospital or will i be ok in afew days . thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Any swelling or bruising? Any specific tender area?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Robbie you opened a new question page. Just stay here and use reply to expert to answer my questions
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Robbie since I haven't had a reply from you I'll go ahead and answer and we can continue after this if you'd like. This could be a LCL injury or a meniscus tear or both. While you could apply ice and elevate the leg, it would be best to see a doctor and get an MRI of the knee to determine the exact injuries