DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi there, A week a go I had a fit for first time in my life

Hi there,
A week a go I had a fit for first time in my life . For a week been trying to work out what type of fit it was but still unlucky finding right symptoms.It hapenned in the middle of the night . Suddenly I felt extremely strong pain in my left side and couldn't take a deep breath it felt like someone stab me in a lung. Started to yawn but couldn't and then started to suffocate . After that I passed out , my partner said that my eyes been rolling and I was shaking . I don't remember any of that . After I woke I was soaking wet , didnt feel both of my hands and they were blue . Next day I went to A&E , they checked my blood and pressure all seems fine . So they not sure if it was seizure . It was extremely painful and scared that it will happen again . Not sure I can handle it again . After this incident some days I really struggle to take deep breath or my left side annoyingly hurts . I feel exhausted every day and I am only 29.
I would be very grateful if someone could reply to this message and give me clues what's it was .
Thank you so much in advance .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You need the correct test to see if this were a seizure.
EEG, and your GP can order this.
Sometimes this can happen with a serious heart rhythm problem, and that would be dangerous.
A 24 hour holter monitor would be useful in this respect.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.