Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi, I engaged in cunilingus around 3 to 4 years ago...I've

Hi, I engaged in cunilingus around 3 to 4 years ago...I've regtretted it ever since. I visited a private doctor at the time and he was quite sure I didn't have Hiv. 5 months ago I had a swelling on my gum, in one place...it came and went but I know that can be associated with Hiv. I now feel generally under the weather, and I just can't get the Hiv thing out of my head...I never had unprotected sex...but I know that doesn't matter. Is there a High chance I'm infected?
Hi. One question--have you ever been screened for HIV? And what exactly do you mean by feeling under the weather?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had blood test at the time, the doctor I used said there was nothing to worry about...no fever, no aches and pains, no headache...just a bit of flatuance...feel a bit bloated after food.
OK Then there's really no reason for you to worry here. The chances of getting HIV through cunnilingus are nearly zero. What you describe sounds like a case of either irritable bowel syndrome or perhaps an H pylori infection in your stomach but not HIV.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just to confirm, cunnilingus 4 years ago, is unlikely to infect me with Hiv?! I will of course be paying fully and rating your answer, Thankyou!
Extremely low risk for that and since you were tested you're fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much for your help doctor!!
Entirely my pleasure but please don't forget to rate my service to you