Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have terrible itching between my bottom cheeks and I've tried

I have terrible itching between my bottom cheeks and I've tried so many things to get rid of it. My GO said it's part of the menopause and prescribed some strong anti histamines but they didn't help. It's driving me mad and stops me sleeping
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am sorry you are having such bad itching.

Dr. David :

how long did you use the antifungal cream for? antifungal creams have to be used for 3-6 weeks sometimes 2-3 times a day to clear fungal infection

Dr. David :

you could also be having bad vaginal atrophy causing itching of your lower labia and vulvar area since you are age 55 and into your menopause most likely where your estrogen levels are dropping.

Dr. David :

this can cause vaginal and vulvar atrophy.

Dr. David :

vagifem vaginal estrogen creams can help with this sort of vaginal dryness and itching symptom.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm a different expert. Important question here--do you have a rash there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I didn't use the anti fungal cream for very long as they weren't prescribed for me. I don't have vaginal dryness or itching bit smear tests already show thrush. Would you recommend something to try over the counter? Thank you for your answer

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem. You need over the counter calendula cream--not an antifungal cream and you definitely don't need a chili cream for this. Apply it three times a day and that should relieve your itching
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.