Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi Dr Mine is a complex case but here goes.... I have chronic

Customer Question

Hi Dr
Mine is a complex case but here goes....
I have chronic aches and pains in most of my limbs. I have had many blood tests and they have all come back normal. I have suffered from anxiety and my gp prescribed lorazepam some time ago and I have to take 3mg per day. I also have been taking cymbalta for anxiety and stress and I take this at 60 mg a day. I am very overweight - I am 6 feet 3 and weigh 19 stones. I feel awful all the time because of aches and spins and have been tested for all neurological diseases etc - normal. I get hot and then shiver and then get hot again as well as being in pain. Can you please suggest anything?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
have you been tested for sleep apnea?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I don't know what tests you may have had before and we can discuss this after this but here are the possibilities I would check you for. Thyroid problems, low cortisol levels, autoimmune disorders like polymyalgia rheumatica and other autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and I would get an MRI of your entire spine to look for disk problems. Sleep apnea would not be high on my list. Please let me know if you need any more information.

You should be evaluated for sleep apnea. This is a common cause of fatigue and chronic pain.fibromyalgia is a consideration as well. meds like gabapentin and amitryptiline can help with that.