Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Have a small lump about size of finger nail bottm right of

Customer Question

Have a small lump about size of finger nail bottm right of body just above right leg bellow stomach,
Feels as if on muscle that goes round body but seems to come and go,
Not pain full but can feel slight discomfort
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

Does the lump appear when you strain/cough or lift weight?

Dr Uzair :

Please enter chat and use reply to interact.

Dr Uzair :

Are you there?

Dr Uzair :

Please reply if you are.

Dr Uzair :

Since, you have not replied I am going to give you an initial opinion and if you have more queries, you can ask.

Dr Uzair :

The history and the signs and symptoms you mention indicate that this might be a hernia. The location is of an inguinal hernia and these are the most common form of hernias in men your age. You also mentioned that you have been lifting some heavy things recently and that is a factor to consider here. I would suggest that you visit your PCP and have this evaluated, since lumps and bumps are clinical diagnosis.

Dr Uzair :

If you are satisfied, please do leave a positive rating for the service. If you have more queries, reply back.

Dr Uzair :

Best.\