Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a sharp pain in left side of stomach it's now difficult

I have a sharp pain in left side of stomach it's now difficult to move should I go to a&e
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--first off can I have some more information. Where exactly is the pain and how long have you had it? Any fever or vomiting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Couple of days now and getting worse it's about 4 inches to left and 2 inches below belly button
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No fever or vomiting
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. The most likely problem is diverticulitis--inflammation of a small pouch in your colon. Usually this can be cured with two antibiotics and it's diagnoses with a physical exam, blood work, and a ct scan of the abdomen. Untreated it can form an abscess which may require emergency surgery, so, yes, you need to get to A&E as soon as possible David.