Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

Hello, I'm 19 years old and i have been trying for a baby for

Customer Question

Hello, I'm 19 years old and i have been trying for a baby for three years, I've never been on the pill, now I know you may tell me that Im young, but I've thought about this for years now and it's something I really would love to happen, but nothing's happening at all, I'm worried there could be something really wrong as I've never had even a blip. My periods have always been on time but just recently they have started to widen in time, but that may be only due to having a new job and changing hours, would you be able to give me your best advice please?
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Dr.Customer:

Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your question.

Dr.Customer:

You are young, but that should work in your favor, not against you, in terms of getting pregnant.

Dr.Customer:

Have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease?

Dr.Customer:

After three years of trying it seems appropriate to speak to your ob/gyn about starting to do some testing.

Dr.Customer:

If you've had an STD then there is a possibility of scarring that would make it difficult to get pregnant.

Dr.Customer:

Most likely the first step should be for you doctor to test your hormone levels and make sure they are within normal range, and going up and down as expected based on the time of month.

Dr.Customer:

The computer is showing that you are "standing by", but it will prompt you to pay more in 2 minutes from now. In order to make sure you do not get charged anymore I will be switching this to a question/answer type session.

Dr.Customer:

Please rate me only once you are satisfied and can rate my services as "excellent".

Dr.Customer:

G-d Bless

I will be leaving the computer now, but will be back to check if you had any follow-up questions either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

G-d Bless
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I've never had an std, that's why I'm a little worried, all I want is a child, it's so upsetting considering it's been 4 years and not even a blip. Could you please give me the best solution?
Thanks Paige.
The first thing that would have to be done is to make sure that your body is producing the proper hormones at the proper times. This is done by having a blood test.

If the hormones are at abnormal levels then that will have to be investigated. Depending on the reason you might be able to get a prescription to take hormones.

If the hormones are at the proper levels then the next step would be to do an ultrasound to make sure that all your organs are in the proper place and without any problems.

Your husband would also be tested for hormone levels, and his sperm would be tested. Lastly there would be a test to see if your husband's sperm is being rejected by your uterus.

If everything in your blood work and physical and imaging exams is normal then the doctor might refer you to an IVF (in vitro fertilization) doctor. IVF is an expensive and painful process, with taking multiple injections daily, having transvaginal ultrasounds every two days etc.

These steps are really the best way to go about it. I wish there was a magic pill that could make it happen for you as soon as you want it, but as there isn't....

Does this help?
Is there anything else I can explain?

G-d Bless