Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have got burning down below when I wipe myself also I have

Customer Question

I have got burning down below when I wipe myself also I have little bits of blood. My doctor said my pee has blood in . They has sent my pee off and it has come back normal . I'm on my 3rd lot of antibiotics.
What else could it be I'm scared I have something really bad
Also can you have blood in your pee if your pregnant? Please help me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Did your doctor take a look inside your vagina and culture that? Is the burning in your vagina?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She done swabs they come back normal she tried to do a smear but she said my howl was to tight where I'm still a virgin . I'm really scared
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Lisa. You asked about pregnancy--did you have a pregnancy test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I haven't done one. Can you get blood in your pee if your pg
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That's possible but not very likely Lisa. When was your last period?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Two weeks ago and I'm on the pill . I have pcos
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Then it isn't likely you're pregnant Lisa. If your urinalysis came back normal this doesn't sound like a bladder infection. It sounds like one of two possibilities here. One would be a bacterial vaginal infection and I would give you metronidazole gel for that. The other would be a cervical polyp--not cancer--that is bleeding. If the doctor you saw was not a gynecologist then you need to see one who would be able to take a look at your cervix and remove the polyp. If you need any more information I'll be happy to continue with you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just feel really scared and I keep on crying
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Lisa you don't need to be scared here. We're not talking about cancer or anything really serious. You'll be fine once you get treatment. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So could that be causing the burning feeling and need to pee all the time?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The vaginal infection I mentioned and the antibiotics you've had wouldn't take care of that like the metronidazole gel would.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I get some of that gel ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I requires a prescription so ask your doctor about getting it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You don't need a prescription for it here
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Then you should get some but you should also tell your doctor that you're going to do that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok but you don't think I have anything serous or life threatening
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Not at all--you can put those worries behind you. Again, let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Lisa
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why dosee it hurt a virgin to have a smear test ? Is it because he walls are being streached?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--the speculum does hurt when it's inserted
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It hurt me a little bit that is way I had to till my doctor to stop . And than that is when she said I'm a bit tight down there . I guess that is because I'm a virgin

And if you your boyfriend fingered and that is it are you still a virgin ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes you would still be a virgin if your boyfriend fingered you Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Should I try and have another smear done and just handle the pain / discomfort. ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That would be a good idea Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But you don't think I have cancer down there

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Not at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a heavy tight feeling in my pit of my stomach . And I'm scared I have had this a week now

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Lisa--that really is a separate question which I'll be happy to discuss with you but according to the rules you need to open a fresh page using the link above my photo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you damge your urata from fingering in your vigina ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No you can'r Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about spelling . You no what I was trying to say lol ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You can't damage your urethra from fingering your vagina. I would now ask that you rate my answer on the other page and then if there are more questions you have we can continue on an entirely new page