Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I understand that when a stroke occurs that the symptoms and

I understand that when a stroke occurs that the symptoms and deterioration can happen for up to a few days later - perhaps even a month.
but i have just read on another website from a carer's perspective; "that the true effects of a stroke are seen months later".
So i suppose my qu is: does trauma to the brain continue long after a sroke strikes; that deterioration to the patient (physical/neurological) happens/continues long after a stroke strikes?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
No, it doesn't.
The worst deficits are usually early on.
There are some late deficits in severe stroke like spasm and rigidity of the muscles.
However, the actual brain injury is the worst early on
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)