Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have severe osteoarthritis and severe fibromyalgia and need

Customer Question

I have severe osteoarthritis and severe fibromyalgia and need to take an antidepressant. However I have become extremely sensitive to medication and it's side effects and cannot find an antidepressant I can tolerate. I have just started Prozac and am in horrendous pain because of them. Please can you help me?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I would try effexor.
This drug is in a completely different class of what you are taking
That or trazodone.
Perhaps it is the class of drug that is not agreeing with you
None of the other drugs are in the same class as effexor (venlafaxine) or trazodone.
I would try either one of those.
with fibromyalgia, trazodone may be better because it helps with sleep
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried venal faxing previously. I don't know the other name for trazadone. I have tried not taking anti,s but get so depressed I try something else. I took vitamin d and felt better but get awful back and hip pain with those.I am beginning to think I won't be able to tolerate anything. I take bo and pain meds and manage to just about put up with those.Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried venal faxing but don't know the common nam for trazadone.
I took vitamin d which made me feel better but got horrible back and hip pain from that. I feel like I perhaps shouldn't take anything but I get so depressed.
I take solpadol for pain with gabapentin and slozem for bp and can just about manage to tolerate those.
Have you any other ideas. Thank you.
trazodone is the common name
Likely you haven't tried it as it is not commonly used for fibro/depression combination
I find it to be helpful though. especially with sleep
Why did you rate negative?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry dr phill! I thought the messages had finished ?I misunderstood.
I haven't had trazadone I don't think. If it's one that makes you sleepy I might not be able to tolerate it but I gave made a note to ask my gp about trying it. I gave tried duloxotene and very slowly increased the dose and at higher doses I found some painrelief and also felt so well in myself however at the high dose I just could not stay awake and that has been the case in quite a few meds.
To be honest I don't know why I messaged you because the main problem with me is this extreme sensitivity to medication and other things like foodstuffs, drinks etc. and nothing can alter that. I have tried so many medications. Thankyou
you're welcome
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)