Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I must not type much for health reasons. But you were helpful

Customer Question

I must not type much for health reasons. But you were helpful last time. If available now, please may we have another 'chat.'
Ann
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--how can I help you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not understand. I addressed my question to Dr. Love. A reply came that he WAS on duty, was considering my question, and would reply in 15 minutes.

He has not - but you have. Your picture is similar to that of a Dr. David yesterday.

Please explain.

Ann

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Dr Love isn't online Ann and your question finally came to me. Can I help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, I was told that he was. furthermore, I notice that he has now vanished from my records too of doctors there who have advised me before.

No, sorry but you cannot help me. My spine is too sick to start afresh and go on and on with somebody new.

Thank you for offering to help. Goodbye, Ann

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.
I can access your previous questions
I am a double board certified doctor
Would you like to continue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much. Yes please, but maybe with one proviso. If you do not work in The UK, you might not know the way things are here?

For instance, I have had symptoms of adrenal fatigue worsening for years. Considering the life I have had they have been very game. But in The UK that condition is not recognised. Alternative care such as adrenal supplements made me more ill. Cortisol cannot be tried on me because of a stomach condition.

See what I mean?

At one point I was advised to take up to 8 adrenal tablets a day. I knew nothing about it at the time; but now it seems to me that that just made my own adrenals give up altogether. I hoped that they would begin to do the necessary again a few months after I gave up the supplement. That was at least 18 months ago, and

I have ground to a halt instead.

Ann

In fact we just trained a group of physicians in functional medicine 2 years ago who are in the UK
If you call this organization, they can give you a list
www.functionalmedicine.org
Further questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. What is functional medicine please? And how does that description fit me?

What IS going on at jusdtanswer? It is still telling me that I am waiting for you to answer. No email has been sent either, informing me that you had. I stumbled on this reply of yours entirely by accident.

Ann

Functional medicine looks at the underlying disease mediators and corrects those, rather than concerning itself with the end result of not addressing these underlying processes, the disease name.
These mediators include
Hormones
Neurotransmitters
Bowel function
Toxicity and biotransformation
Cellular energy and dynamics
Physical and cellular structure.
All can be influenced by more natural means, including a variety of hands on therapies, and supplements, as well as diet.
The decision on where to start is largely based on the symptoms you have conveyed, and your time line of your health and personal history.
You might indeed have a hormonal problem, but based on other testing, it might be a toxicity problem causing that.
A functional medicine doctor sorts this out and cures diseases.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.