Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

The doctor told me that I suffer from a condition called neurosis.

The doctor told me that I suffer from a condition called neurosis. I imagine that I have done something wrong when in fact I havnt....Although after weeks of thinking I begin to tell myself i have and i nearly visualise it
Whatis the matter with me? Can I be fixed.I have anxiety pains in my stomach
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Neurosis covers several different conditions. Can you tell me exactly what the doctor said and were you given any medication?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Extreme Anxiety,depression ,thinking and then imagining I did wrong.he advised me to go on 10mg antidepressant-escitalopram
I start off imagining a situation .then reading more into it until I have added a lot more too it.i know this but I nearly convince myself I've done something wrong. Why?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Noreen this sounds like a combination of an anxiety condition and an obsessive compulsive disorders and both of those are classified as neuroses. It can be treated with the medication you've been given, but I suggest you see a psychologist trained in cognitive behavioral therapy to augment the effect of the medication and get you through this problem