Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Could I still have scleroderma if nothing shows in blood

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Scleroderma is a group of rare diseases that involve the hardening and tightening of the skin and connective tissues. The diagnosis depends on which organ is affected by the disease. The investigations include blood tests {to look for antibodies produced by your immune system}/ biopsy. There are many antibodies which need to be evaluated. In 95 percent of patients these antibodies are detected. But few may not have these antibodies {in detectable level}. Thus yes, you may have the disease if your blood tests is negative {even though this is rare}.
Best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My feet and toe knuckles have sores or thick skin with splits in them. I have hardening of skin cells in wrist which can't be operated on because is on an artery. ( feels like bone and its huge ) hurts when I bend my wrist. My veins in legs there's no blockage or bleed to prevent them getting worse after treatment?
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.

The symptoms do make me think of scleroderma forsure. I would get MRI for wrist to see the exact cause and location of the abnormality. A color doppler for lower limb veins should help to rule out abnormalities like varicose veins.

Best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've had the Doppler as their were no blockages or bleeds to prevent the veins returning after treatment, they said there were abnormalities with me having an extra large vein from groin.
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Melanie,
I am happy that there were no blockage or bleed.
I would get MRI wrist to look for the cause and severity there.
Best