Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have chronic back pain but have been told it is somatic,

Customer Question

I have chronic back pain but have been told it is somatic, I am on sertraline but this only helps a little can you advise me as my life is being disrupted by this.I have been told I am hsuffering depression and anxiety, and I am going to be prescribed pregbalin but will this work .I am sceptical about this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. First off have you had any studies of your back like an MRI? And are you asking if the pregabalin will help with the pain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Ihave had ct scans and pain blocking, and this now is a mental issue because it drove me to suicide and I need to know if pregbalin will ease my pain

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Barbara and we can continue after this. Pregabalin is effective both with nerve pain--physical pain--and with the pain of anxiety and depression. Added to the sertraline you're taking it should have a beneficial effect for you but of course, with any one patient, the only way to be certain about that is for you to take the pregabalin and see how it does.