Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I became ill at the beginning of October being sick and having

I became ill at the beginning of October being sick and having abdominal pains, got told it was gastroenteritis, 2 weeks later I was still really ill, I had lost 2 stone and couldn't eat anything, I had my bloods done but they were clear, after 2 1/2 weeks I started to feel better but then 1 week later I'm ill again with the same symptoms .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi..can you tell me more about the abdominal pains? Any fever or diarrhea?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pains are in the centre of my stomach, it feels like a full ache, I only have a fever when I'm being sick, and I don't have any diarrhoea, I have hiccups a lot and burping
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Megan. Do you know exactly what blood work was done and were you screened for an H pylori infection in your stomach?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't remember I know it looked for a lot like my cells and that, I know a doctor thought it might be that but I'm unable to do a stool sample for him as I'm not able to eat anything to produce anything.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Megan. There is also a breath test for that and my first thought is that this is an H pylori infection, and that is treated with a course of two antibiotics. That said, this could be a gastritis/reflux problem that would respond to Zantac or Prilosec or PeptoBismol, but I would get a ct scan of your abdomen to look for gall stones and unless you had your amylase and lipase levels checked for pancreatitis you need to have that done, too. You need to see your doctor again and get all of that checked