Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a hard boil on my buttock which is making it very uncomfortable

I have a hard boil on my buttock which is making it very uncomfortable to sit down at times. Is there anything like some cream I can buy over the counter to use?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Since how long you have this? Is the overlying skin red and tender? Is it warm as compared to the surroundings? Have you tried anything so far? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had it a few weeks, but the discomfort has only been in the last week. The location of the hard boil is in the (for want of a better word) the crack of the buttuck, near (but not on) the anal passage.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. It can be an infected sabecous cyst, infected lipoma etc. The pain is a good sign from this point of view that at least it is not a serious lesion. YOur question is about over the counter product but I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter available tab Aleve twice daily and application of neosporin ointment twice daily over the boil can help you. Moreover you should apply heating pads on the area twice daily. Aleve is gong to be more effective than ointment. You should try to visit your doctor later on so that he diagnose the lesion and decide further treatment to help you get rid of this permanently but till then don't worry my suggestions will help you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards