Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

3 years ago I had palpitations I had severe eptopic heart beats

3 years ago I had palpitations I had severe eptopic heart beats and was diagnosed with Anxiety. I did get very stressed and eventually after 6 months they declined. in the last here weeks I have had these palpitations again I went to the Dr who is starting blood tests, to check thyroid problems etc and do and ecg in a week. Over the last 2 days I have had terrible indigestion and I have an achy left arm which Ive now had most of the night. I am scared of the palpitations and am aware anxiety gives physical systems. I don't want to waste anyones time
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

With the symptoms that you are mentioning, particularly with the normal tests that you have recently have, I have little doubt that the symptoms that you are having are not heart related and are most likely related to anxiety.

Customer:

I find it scarey that anxiety gives such physical symptons ? I haven't had anxiety for 3 years .... why has it come back and why the palpitations

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anxiety can give very scary symptoms.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The other cause in your case could be that you are around your menopause.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Symptoms like these worsen around the age when ladies are going through their menopause or nearing their menopause of when the ovaries are not working properly or are failing.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So that may be the very reason why you are having these symptoms at this time.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer:

yes thankyou, that's something to look forward too eh ? am I imagining the achy arm, and if it is menopause or even thyroid does that cause palpitations ?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There are a large number of symptoms that ladies can experience when they are about to go into their menopause and the symptoms that you mention certainly do fit into that.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Even the indigestion the aches and pains, the palpitations etc

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anymore questions?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can read more about menopause symptoms here. The ones listed in this weblink are only a few and not all.

Customer:

OK thankyou, its weird I am normally such a realistic person who is laid back and not considered to be anxious. and my doctor Is doing the right things. The palpitations are the scariest so Il wait for my blood tests.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

ok good. when you get the blood results you can share them with me as well if possible.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hope you get well soon

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below before you leave.

Customer:

thankyou

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest regards