Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi Dr Am unsure which category this would fall under: Basically,

Hi Dr
Am unsure which category this would fall under:
Basically, for a few months, i have noticed that bumping into anything, arms and legs (furniture, wall, massage - for example) - it is very painfull. It is something that has happened over the past few months and and as it is painful, it is more noticeable.
What would this be caused by?
General history: fairly healthy individual. Deficiencies over the years: iron, folic acid, b12 and Vitamin A - which are all at better levels now.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How old are you? Are you saying that you have a balance problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

37 years.

Not a balance problem. Am saying that when there is accidental bumping, one would not think about it twice and move on.

I my case, it is quite painful (this contact) and am wondering what could cause this

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Once you bump yourself, any swelling or bruising in that area? How long does the pain last?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is sometimes bruising, yes. Swelling - rare.

It is minor (but painful in my case), so i would say it would last a couple of minutes. i would have in the past not really noticed such impact

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK We can continue after this if you'd like, but the term for this is allodynia--an oversensitivity to touch. In a way it's a kind of neuropathy and it may be from a vitamin B12 deficiency or an autoimmune disorder. It also could be fibromyalgia. You need to see a doctor about this for an exam and blood work to see exactly what's going on.