Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello Dr, just an update for you.. I've been busy and preoccupied

Hello Dr, just an update for you.. I've been busy and preoccupied with work to worry about my thickened heart.. But today I happened to check my HR and as I'm sat here it's as low as 47-48 bpm.. I feel normal though
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hey there. And what was your blood pressure at that heart rate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've not checked.. I'll check now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's 135/74
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Then everything's fine Shazad. That's just a healthy heart rate for someone who works out like you do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know the bp monitor is not that accurate as my oximeter but that bp reading it showed my hr at 43! So is that still healthy? It's not a symptom of my thickened septum?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Not a symptom of your septum and perfectly fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Brilliant .. Also got sore areas on my chest.. The pain feels as though it's in my ribs.. Sore to touch so I know that's definateky not cardiac.. Anyway saw my cardiologist about getting the mri scan privately (paid for) because no need to wait.. He said there is no point in wasting £500 because there is no risk so no rush.. He said he is only getting an MRI for me to reassure me.. He said it'll be around 4 weeks wait time on the nhs and advised me to wait.. Got my 24 hour bp next week and also refered me for 72hr ECG just so that it reassures me that my heart is ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I think I also told you it's be a waste of your money my friend. Might as well just wait the four weeks. Hopefully once all that's done you can put all the unnecessary worry behind you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm glad you have been there for me.. I needed this otherwise would have been panic stricken.. Getting advice from you reassures me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Holding your hand metaphorically on line my friend. Keep in touch
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
:-)
So, back to my HR .. It's been lingering around 50 all day.. Definate nothing to worry about? When I sleep is there no danger of it dropping so low that it'll stop?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Nothing to worry about and you aren't about to die in your sleep
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks doc.. Goodnight .. So cardiac arrest with thickened heart muscle does not present itself like a slow HR to begin with like it is with mine at the moment?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No it doesn't present as a slow heart rate. Nite