Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi, due to an infected lesion, possibly eczema, or ringworm

Hi, due to an infected lesion, possibly eczema, or ringworm related, I've been on a week-long course of antibiotics (fluclocaxallin, 500 mg), which I finished yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon at 12pm. I think I read somewhere that antibiotics can temporarily weaken the immune system. But I'm keen to do two things as soon as possible, and those are, apply steroid ointment(Betnovate/Betamethasone valerate); and drink alcohol...not to excess, just a glass of wine or so. I'm just wondering if/when it'll be 100% safe to do these, I mean without compromise to my immune system, or interacting negatively with the flucloxacillin?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
If you are done with the antibiotics you can drink alcohol safely and use the steroid cream
That is not a concern
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** *****

welcome
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)