Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

I went to see the gp who says its not his place and he can't

Customer Question

I went to see the gp who says its not his place and he can't make me an appointment for a Mri scan on my wrist it's now down to rumatoligy? I have another lump growing quick and have been waiting weeks for rumatoligy to write out with appointment and I am dealing with a lot of pain
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Please calm down.
You may ask your GP for medicines to tackle pain. I am sure he will write it for you. MRI may wait till Rheumatology appointment. You may also try cold compress to get relief from pain.
Best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm on meloxicam tramadol nuero something paracetamol and creams. It's no longer touching the pain but I have 4 young children and can't be taking really strong drowsy medication I feel I need put down! Might be a phrase but I'm serious I can't go on like this leg pain throughout the night pins and needles in wrist because my wrist is so inflamed and can't physically carry on because I'm worn out with a baby and 3 others on top of scar tissue pain from 3 sections and tummy tuck I feel like a cripple
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I do understand your anxiety.
You may try steroid injections. They relieve pain too.
Good Luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would that not make me gain weight and affect my leg? I've had to struggle with weight with thyroid but then managed after long battle to loose 3 stone and try to ease pressure on my leg. I'm in a loosing situation :-(
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Local administration of steroid does not enter in your blood system and hence systemic side effects are very less or rare. The steroid will act locally {at the site of the injection} and give you relief.
Best