Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I went to see the gp who says its not his place and he can't

Customer Question

I went to see the gp who says its not his place and he can't make me an appointment for a Mri scan on my wrist it's now down to rumatoligy? I have another lump growing quick and have been waiting weeks for rumatoligy to write out with appointment and I am dealing with a lot of pain
I am also still waking up covered in bruise up lower leg and lower arm
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Here are the criteria for mri scanning from the nhs

Dr. K. :

http://southtees.nhs.uk/services/musculoskeletal/mbro-redcar-cleveland/gp-and-allied-health-professionals-area/mri-referral-guidelines/

Dr. K. :

You cannot have an mri of the wrist without a specialist referral. They are not likely to order the mri unless you are a surgical candidate.

Dr. K. :

I know this is not the answer you are hoping for, but at least you have accurate information.