Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

Hi there I've suffered a lot with indigestion which has got

Hi there I've suffered a lot with indigestion which has got worse and lately I've been getting a feeling of food coming back up and it feels like it is stuck in my throat , I can swallow easily but I have a feeling of a lump in my throat . Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your questoin.

Dr. Charogat :

Can you tell me for how long this has been going on?

Dr. Charogat :

What is your height and weight?

Dr. Charogat :

Do you smoke?

Dr. Charogat :

Do you have any other medical conditions?

Dr. Charogat :

Do you take any medication regularly?

Dr. Charogat :

Hi. It seems to me that you have entered this chat? Do you have answers for these questions so I can try to help you best?

Customer: Hi there had it for about a fortnight , I'm 5ft 11 and weigh 12 stone 6 and I am a light smoker
Customer: And no other medical condition of take any other medicines
Dr. Charogat :

Okay. The first and easiest part is that decreasing smoking can certainly help with this.

Dr. Charogat :

It sounds to me like you need an evaluation for Gastro Esphogial Reflux Disease (GERD).

Customer: Will do re smoking
Dr. Charogat :

Until then I will give you a link to some of the things you can do to decrease the symptoms of GERD

Customer: Thanks do you recommend any medicine ?
Dr. Charogat :

The first things to do are lifestyle changes. Stopping smoking that you said you will do. In this link there are a number of other lifestyle modifications (and this is from a VERY reputable medical center).

Dr. Charogat :

Some of the modifications are things you will notice very quickly, others may take some time. These are good things to do while you wait for an appointment to see a specialist.

Dr. Charogat :

I see that you are from the UK. There are some medicines that are no long used in the USA but that will help move things along your digestive system more quickly. I do not know what the name would be in the UK. (In the US it was Reglan)

Dr. Charogat :

Does this help?

Dr. Charogat :

Do you need further information?

Customer: Ok I shall make an appoin
Dr. Charogat :

Okay. Meanwhile you can feel free to come back with more qeustions.

Dr. Charogat :

I hope I've provided you with excellent service.

Customer: sppointment and do research on gerd , thanks
Customer: You have thanks for the advise
Dr. Charogat :

Is there anything else?

Dr. Charogat :

G-d Belss

Customer: No thanks Regards Robert
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience: Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.