Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I keep getting pains in the right upper side of my head. It

I keep getting pains in the right upper side of my head. It feels like there is a vain or something block. Not very painful but just doesn't feel right at all.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How long has this been going on? Any tenderness in that area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It comes and go's for the last year or two but seems to be fairly regular over the last six months. I'm also smoke 20 cigarettes a day for the last 15 years

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Where exactly is the pain located and again is it tender in that area Sean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The upper right side of my head. It feels like it is at the side of my brain. Not tender at all. Just feels like there is something getting blocked in there.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Sean. I don't think this is a brain tumor if that was your worry here. This could be a mild case of migraine headache or it could be a tension headache. The best thing to do is see a doctor about it and get an MRI of the brain just to rule out a tumor which again I think is highly unlikely.