Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Good morning doc, this is just probably my anxiety.. Anyway

Customer Question

Good morning doc, this is just probably my anxiety.. Anyway as I was getting out of my car I bumped the top of my head on the door frame.. Can this cause a bleed inside?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. When did this happen and how hard a blow?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About an hour ago.. Not hard at all.. Just slight knock as I got out.. The door rim is plastic and rubber on the metal frame but is quite solid
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Shazad then nothing to worry about. It takes the kind of blow to the head that sends you reeling or nearly knocks you out to have the risk of causing a subdural or an epidural hematoma. You're fine and we both know you're as hard-headed as I am
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok that's good to know.. This is how it happened.. I opened the door to get something from my car.. Then I leaned in and as I was moving my head back out I hit the the door frame.. So not the actual door but the frame.. The best thing I can compare it to is when you are crawled under a desk and when coming out u misjudge the edge of the desk and hit the the top of your head.. Does that make sense? So at a similar intensity to that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem at all then Shazad. It takes a near knockout punch to the head to even carry the risk of a bleed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dr.. Will chat to you later.. Are u online for the rest of the day?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'll be here for the next fifteen hours Shazad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow long day.. So just to conclude.. The type of knock I had is definately not enough to cause a bleed? It's the crown/back area of my head, is that not supposed to be a weak part of the skull?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No it's not a weak spot and absolutely nothing to worry about
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have a nice day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You too