Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

i have been told i have a finger tumor.

Customer Question

i have been told i have a finger tumor. they thought it was a cyst but now say its a tumor. i have had a number of test including exray and MRI but am due to go back for further MRI were they put ink in the finger and a CT scan. The finger was fine till someone trod on it. i do acrobatics and yoga and use hands a lot i am 57 but very for. what is the outcome of these tests as cant seem to find out what they propose to do wit finger. At first they thought there was a slight fracture but they are unsure. Up till someone trod on it it was fine. On the MRI the whole joint (ring finger second bone done was just a bright light on the pic. I need my hands as they are my job but other than tests no one seems to give me answers what t do. At first they gave buddy bandage and said rest now there saying i can move it a bit????
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
really these tests are not 100% conclusive.
There is no way to tell without a biopsy
I think it is clear your next step is a biopsy
they need to take a sample of the tissue and then analyze it under a scope. If it is malignant then you will need a bigger surgery
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they said its not malgnant ????

you can't tell that without a biopsy
but we can probably be confident it isn't
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is not an aswe can i have my money back