Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have had soreness at the end of my penis and foreskin for

I have had soreness and itchiness at the end of my penis (from the rim to the to the tip) and also my foreskin for one week, but no discharge or cheesy looking deposits, my underwear is showing no signs of anything. At first I thought it was Thrush. I had casual virginal unprotected sex 2 weeks ago. It is sore when I pull back my foreskin, urinating gives me a slightly warmer feeling than usual, but not exactly painful.

I have been to the NHS for a swab test, but I have to wait until next week for the results. I am worried sick as I am just back with my girlfriend after a one month separation. I have been applying a liberal amount of Canesten hydrocortisone cream daily for one week, but the soreness/redness is still there with no improvement, though the symptoms do not appear (at lest to me) to be any worse over the last four days. How likely is it to be Chlamydia as there is no discharge? I have no other symptoms ie swollen or painful testicles ect Thank you Paul

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Chlamydia is not likely since there is not any discharge

Dr. K. :

This is balanitis which is a combination of fungal and bacterial infection.

Dr. K. :

Stop using creme with cortisone in it.

Dr. K. :

Clotrimazole cream twice a day for a week

Dr. K. :

Triple antibiotic or bacitracin ointment twice a day for a week

Dr. K. :

This should clear it up