Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am 7 week pregnant and had an early scan. Everything apparently

I am 7 week pregnant and had an early scan. Everything apparently looked fine but I noticed on the scan report minimal perigestational bleed noted. No mention of size. Is this a bad thing? ?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

No This is not a subchorionic hemorrhage.

Dr. K. :

The most important indicators of the health of the pregnancy are the absence of vaginal bleeding and a normal fetal heart rate. If they are both present, the risk of miscarriage is about 3 %

Dr. K. :

Customer:

What does that mean? It's not a sub chorionic haematoma?

Dr. K. :

No its not, which might be concerning. Its actually just implantation bleeding and a common/normal finding

Customer:

Customer:

That's one less stress.

Customer:

My only other being dates not adding up with my last period :'( baby measuring 6 weeks 3 days with a heart beat but my last period was nearly 9 week ago.

Dr. K. :

If the baby had a heartbeat and it was a normal rate, over 120, and you have no bleeding, still all good signs. It means you got pregnant later than expected.