Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Health: Male. Three days ago after a night of drinking

Sexual Health: Male.
Three days ago after a night of drinking I had a one night stand with a girl involving unprotected oral. The day after my throat became sore and I was bunged up. It has only worsened since and did not feel any cold symptoms prior to this incident. Is this a possible sign of STD infection? Possibly gonorrhoea?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

No, it is unlikely that this is a sign of gonorrhea due to the sexual encounter you mention

Dr Uzair :

STDs do not present this quick after a sexual encounter.

Dr Uzair :

It can take up to 3 to 4 days for STDs to manifest any symptoms after the sexual encounter.

Dr Uzair :

Enter chat to interact. If you are satisfied please leave a positive rating.

Dr Uzair :

If you have more queries, reply back.

Customer:

That's good to know, thank you for clearing that up.

Customer:

I was slightly worried due to the NHS website stating 2-5 days but I will take your opinion over theirs.

Dr Uzair :

Dr Uzair :

Hopefully this is nothing and will clear up soon.

Customer:

Do you think it would be worth getting checked at my local clinic or would that be unnecessary due to how quickly I felt ill after the incident occurred?

Dr Uzair :

You can get an opinion for the sore throat at the local clinic. It is always helpful to get an STD screen done after a week of the unprotected encounter to get precise results.

Customer:

I should also mention it was myself performing cunnilingus but I wouldn't think that would change your answer? If not thank you very much, I appreciate the speedy response and chat.

Dr Uzair :

Still the same answer.