DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had a muscle twitch in my lower left eyelid for months and

I had a muscle twitch in my lower left eyelid for months and now have one in my lower left face. I'm scared its something serious, what does it sound like?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it's best you close it as I am seeing my gp tomorrow.
Please confirm I won't be charged.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
can I help?
maybe I can save you a trip?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ok.
I've had a muscle twitch in my left eye for the last few months, it's not constant but I get it every day. Then the last few days I have had one going lower down my face but only rarely.
I work 7 days a week as an accountant and I've had an extremely stressful period where my marriage had ended and I've been very upset.
Does it sound like stress or something serious?
Thank you for allowing the opportunity to help you
I'm very sorry about your marriage
An isolated eye and facial twitch is nothing to worry about.
I would get your eyes check to make sure you don't need glasses but generally this is nothing serious
You can keep your appointment with your GP to be sure but I think you are fine.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Such twitching is often benign fasiculations.

They can lasts for months, but usually do not.

Even though this is most likely benign, see your doctor to rule out other problems with examination and labs.

Neurological problems

Thyroid disease.

Low magnesium

.Calcium imbalance and electrolyte problems.

We can not examine you and can not say for sure this is nothing.

Structural stress is another common cause, and physical exercise, relaxation and physical therapy can also help....another reason you need an exam.

Please click a positive rating. I am a double board certified doctor and can answer anything further .

Find me anytime by request

Please click a positive rating.

DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.