Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I want my stomach t stop rumbling

I want my stomach t stop rumbling
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

If dairy products are making your stomach rumble then that means that you have an intolerance to dairy products and this is also known as Lactose intolerance.

Dr Uzair :

Please enter chat to interact.

Dr Uzair :

Other conditions to consider are colitis, irritable bowel disease and diverticulitis.

Dr Uzair :

But there is a need to get a detailed evaluation done by a Gastroenterologist.

Dr Uzair :

Certain blood tests along with an upper GI endoscopy and an upper abdominal ultrasound, should give enough insight to come to a conclusive diagnosis and chalk out a treatment plan.

Customer:

Thanks. Does that mean that this rumbling if stomach can be cured. My stomach tends to rumble when I eat certain type of food or if I don't eat every two to 3 hours. Is there any off the counter medicine.

Dr Uzair :

Well, yes, there are medication that can be used to stop the rumbling, but you have to understand that the rumbling is due to peristaltic contractions of the intestine, which is normal, but the sound gets louder as the contractions increase due to the bowel being irritated and can be heard.

Dr Uzair :

So, any medication that stops the intestines from contracting will also cause trouble with the normal contractions of the intestines causing digestion problems as well.

Dr Uzair :

The best thing to do before a diagnosis is made and targeted treatment is started, is to avoid the food that irritates your intestines and the food with which your digestive system does not agree with.

Dr Uzair :

It would be best to avoid wheat, rye, grain, dairy products, spicy, salted, smoked and barbecued foods as these cause rumbling of the intestines in most individuals. Drinking water every now and then helps as well.

Customer:

Thanks, ***** ***** I will go and see my GP tomorrow. How long will it take to get rid of this condition.

Dr Uzair :

It depends on what condition is diagnosed however, the symptoms caused by the above conditions can be alleviated instantaneously and do not take months or years to correct.

Dr Uzair :

And it is a pleasure to be of service to you.

Dr Uzair :

Let me know if you have more queries, or if you are done, please leave a positive rating for the service.

Customer:

Dr Uzair :

Most welcome.