Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
29944350

Hi I wonder if you could help me over the last three weeks

Customer Question

I wonder if you could help me over the last three weeks I been getting pains in my left leg it started in the back of my calf and worked its way up into my knee, I also noticed swelling of the legs warm and slightly red in colour which when resting in bed woke me up , every day I would come home feeling unwell and light headed, felt like I was going to faint,
A few later started to travel further up my leg and felt like I had wooden legs I brought a support to see if it would help I went up the hospital as I could not cope with the pain they taken some blood tests and waited one doctor looked at my legs and said I got afection in the legs and gave me penicillin and sent me on my way, not even a CT scan that was a week ago today, I was going back tomorrow but I meet up with my boss and by the time I got home I could not walk hardly leg got bigger and much more painful, burning in the calf again but much worse up into my thigh and groin and stomach, well I phoned the doctor and they said he will ring me tomorrow morning to tell him something he already knows which I told him this morning ..
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using just answer.

In order to help you find an answer, could you please answer following;

Any history of fever associated?

Are you still getting penicillin injections or any other treatment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A few weeks ago I went to medway hospital before the leg pain started
He said I had a slight fever and put it down to a virus the medication he is given me is
Co-amoxiclav 500/125mg
Naproxen tablets
500mg
Only two days left
But felt light headed slightly confused and feel off and on that I just wanted to close my eyes
I am a area manager and drive about 700 miles a week I do have vains
Some red areas and a few dark areas and a pain right at the bottom of the calf not far from the heel about a one inch from the heel up.. But leg feel numb
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 2 years ago.

Ok and thanks for your input. Sorry to heard about yourissue.

Well base on the information’s provided it seems you are having thrombophlebits of veins or cellulitis. This need urgent consultation with your doctor right now. If that is not possible please go to ER right now. Depending upon your physical finding he will suggest you to go for few more tests like blood culture, x ray of leg, doppler ultrasound and may be CT scan as well. Your Antibiotics should be change as previous one did not help you and infect you got worsen. Please take a naproxen tablet and go to ER.

Thank you and feel free to ask any other question regarding this issue.

Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 2 years ago.
How are you now? Have you seen your doctor physically? What did they said about your problem? Did my answer help you?
Best wishes and prayers are your way for your speedy recovery.