Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi , Please can i ask you for some advice ? I am a 46 year

Hi , Please can i ask you for some advice ? I am a 46 year old healthy women except for having some rotten teeth. I keep my mouth as clean as i can brushing 2-3 times a day and have no pain in my mouth . i have made a dental appointment but its not for a wee while but my question is can i be making my partner sick when i kiss him or make love to him due to the bacteria in my mouth, i worry a lot about this my partner has been quite unwell on and off lately . i love him and worry i am making him ill
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hi Sheila
the answer is an emphatic No.
You cannot make him sick
there is no way
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr Phil , Thank you for your very clear answer , I just worry that he seems to have been sickly on and of a lot since we have been together , i am in good health myself and dont have any stomache upsets , would i be right in saying that i would have to be sick to pass it on to him

Yes, that is right Sheila
sorry about the late reply