Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Good morning, For the past 6 months or so, I have woken with

Good morning,
For the past 6 months or so, I have woken with a hard sort of feeling in my solar plexus area. It doesn't hurt, but I need the toilet urgently. In the last couple of months I wake up
Needing the toilet so desperately that a couple of times I barely made it.
I burp more in the morning before I have had breakfast than during the day.
My usual average weight is around 8.4 stone, it is now 7.14. My height is 5' . I am 50 years old.
My cholesterol is high 7.6. I am controlling this with my diet, have cut out most fat.
15 years ago I had very bad gastroenteritis and Helicopter h pilori. I was very ill for 3 months.
My GP is testing me for parasites and ova in stool sample, the results are clear.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Is this a daily problem and does it only happen once a day? What is the consistency of your stool? Have you had colonoscopy recently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes every day, six months ago the stools were formed but loose when they were in the toilet. For the last three months they very loose. I last had a colonoscopy when I was suffering Helicobacter h. Pilori, and gastro interitis. I was ill for several weeks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What other info do you need.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Have you recently been screened for H pylori? What about blood work to check your amylase and lipase levels? And no abdominal pain whatsoever?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No haven't been screened.
No bloodwork done for amylase or lipase levels.
Abdominal discomfort, mild pain.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. We can continue after this if you need but I would have you undergo upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, a ct scan of the abdomen, and a check of your pancreas with the lipase and amylase. This could be another bout of the H pylori, irritable bowel syndrome, a gall bladder problem--either stones or a poorly emptying gall bladder--or something called pancreatic insufficiency where the pancreas isn't making sufficient digestive enzymes.