Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Looking for some info on my headaches I have been having recently,

Customer Question

Looking for some info on my headaches I have been having recently, they mainly pccur at the back of my head, I have a burning pain in my shoulders from time to time and they sometimes hurt when I get a head rush. Any thoughts ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How often do you get these ans how long do they last?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has been a couple of months now, they are pretty consistent throughout the day, most days, they are better with exercise

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Callum. Given the location of the pain these sound like tension headaches from spasm and tightness of your neck muscles but it could indicate a disk problem in your cervical spine. Capsaicin cream to the back of your neck and ibuprofen could help but since these have gone on for so long you should have a doctor evaluate them and I would get an MRI of your cervical spine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I feel like I am cracking my nrck alot to release pressure

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well the problem is obviously your neck and while you might not have a ruptured disk there the only way to tell would be with an MRI
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What types of headaches would this issue cause ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The location is typical for a tension headache but it could also be either a migraine problem or a cluster headache problem. The point is, Callum, that it's gone on long enough for you to have it evaluated by a doctor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had it evaluated a few times and it has been diagnosed as tension headaches but I just cant shift it

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well I'd still get the MRI and it would help for you to see a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilition MD specialist--for a hands-on treatment program that should take care of the problem